Introducing "Balladong House" C1880-1890 "Place of Kangaroos"
Balladong house is ideally situated and comprises a large handsome Grand Home surrounded by 8 acres of fertile river loam. The property has 2 road frontages one from Redmile Road and the other from Parker Rd .The Redmile Road entrance dates back to the time of the Kalgoorlie gold rush when prospectors picked up supplies from Balladong Farm before heading to the Goldfields. The farm, owned by the Parker family, was the first inland farm in WA and is described in the book "The house of the Northbourne Parkers: Pioneers on Western Australia, 1830-1983". One of the sons of this family built Balladong House, on the farm land, between 1880 and 1890 and lived there with his wife and nine children. In 1947 the last of the Parkers, living on the farm, formally subdivided it into 3 parcels of land and with a gesture of loving kindness tied them together for perpetuity.
Internally the house comprises large rooms. One is called the ballroom where the original owners entertained the people of York and surrounds. A major renovation to ceilings and bathrooms has just been completed. The main bathroom has wheelchair access and non slip floor tiles. Floors made from pre settlement timbers, originally oiled, then carpeted, have been polished for the first time in recent years.
There have only been five title holders of Balladong House. One of these was Prince Jah, an Indian Royal, who in the 1980's described Balladong house, in the book, "The Last Nizam", as his six bedroom weekender in York. Over the years each group has added something to the house reflecting their particular era of ownership.
For inspection contact Mike Bawden 0403268158