HOME OPEN TIMES
Please call for inspections on any properties
What kind of home are you looking for?
The first step is to decide what kind of home will suit your tastes and lifestyle. Establish family priorities – don’t forget to include the kids in the discussion! Anticipate potential changes in lifestyle: size of family, job changes etc. Consider extracurricular activities and school when choosing your new home.
What can you afford?
Establish the price range you can afford – even before you start looking at homes, First National Real Estate can help by assisting you to determine both your priorities and potential price range.
Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements. Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
What happens on settlement day?
- The lender authorises payment of the loan, and payment is made to the vendor;
- You (or your solicitor) authorise the vendor to collect the deposit money that has been held by the real estate agent, in trust;
- You receive a signed transfer of title deed and your solicitor or bank will arrange for the Registrar
- General to register the transfer and the loan;
- You pay the stamp duty on the home loan;
- You are given the keys and the house is yours!
Request a copy of our FREE Home Buyers Guide
for information on home loans, what you should do at auction, essential checklists and worksheets and understanding technical and legal terms.